Image Map

Monday, February 6, 2012

Homemade Chocolate Sauce

Valentine's Day is just around the corner. I suggest you make this recipe for chocolate sauce for EVERYONE that you adore, love and cherish (and that likes chocolate of course).  It is a simple recipe that is just divine.  You can eat it by the spoonful or warm it gently and pour over ice cream.  It is the perfect gift for Heart Day! 


The recipe makes enough sauce to fill two 8 oz. jars + one 6 oz. jar.  I especially like filling empty Bonne Maman jam jars with the sauce because of the pretty red and white lids which make for a very attractive decadent gift.  I filled 12 Bonne Maman jars with chocolate sauce and gave them away to anyone that would accept them (no one turned them down) this past Christmas.  I'm pretty proud of myself.


Unfortunately, with all the hustle and bustle of the holidays I have lost the original source for this recipe.  If it is your recipe please let me know!  I want to give you a huge hug for such a yummy creation.  I also want to commend you for the brilliance of making the recipe without corn syrup.  For years I have been searching for a chocolate sauce recipe that is yummy, easy and doesn't contain corn syrup in the ingredient list.  My search has finally come to end with the discovery of this recipe.  Hip Hip HOORAY!!!   Hopefully I will be able to provide many of you with the same yummy happiness as I share this recipe now on my blog.

Homemade Chocolate Sauce

 Ingredients:

5 oz. unsweetened chocolate
1 stick butter, unsalted
1 14 oz. can evaporated milk
3 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

1. In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter. Stirring gently on occasion to help with the melting process.

2. Remove double boiler from heat and add evaporated milk and then powdered sugar - whisk all together.  Place pan back on heat and gently continue to whisk all ingredients together until smooth and shiny. 

3. Keep sauce over heat for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until sauce starts to thicken (sauce will thicken much more when it becomes cold).  Remove from heat and add vanilla extract.  Pour into jars and cool slightly before covering and storing in refrigerator until you gift away or eat your Heavenly chocolate sauce yourself.

Heat uncovered jar of sauce in microwave for 20-25 seconds, stir and serve. 

Enjoy!




Happy Homemade Chocolate Sauce Making!



3 comments:

  1. Oh my, Avril! This looks soooo good! I think I need to make a boatload and keep some for myself:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh YUM!! I would sure love to get this! If I make it no one else will get it, for I will eat it all myself! Gonna make it anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chocolate sauce looks delicious! Perfectly displayed in a gift jar.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis