Image Map

Friday, December 10, 2010

Strawberry Swirl Blondie's

For the 11th week of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Cookies.....


....I present to you Strawberry Swirl Blondie's!   A treat of all treats these blondie's are....a rich buttery taste with a lovely ribbon of strawberry jam through it.  Super easy to throw together with basic ingredients that are right there in your pantry.  And, the very BEST part of this recipe is that if you don't have strawberry jam you can easily substitute another flavor of jam - such as peach, apricot, raspberry or even blueberry.  The original recipe actually called for raspberry jam but because I had a HUGE jar of strawberry jam and no raspberry jam I used strawberry jam instead.


Strawberry Swirl Blondie's
(recipe adapted from Let's Dish)

Ingredients:

2 cups flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup butter, unsalted

1 1/2 cup sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup strawberry jam (or jam of your choice)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13 pan.

2. Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.  Set aside.

3. Over low heat melt butter in a large saucepan.  Remove fully melted butter from heat.  Stir in sugar into melted butter until dissolved.

4. Quickly whisk in eggs and vanilla extract to butter/sugar mixture. 

5. Stir in flour mixture to the egg/butter/sugar mixture - just until combined.

6. Spread batter into prepared pan.  Spoon jam over batter and then swirl into batter with a butter knife to create a marbled effect.

7.  Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean from the center of pan.  Cool before cutting into squares and serving.

Enjoy!



Happy Strawberry Swirl Blondie's Baking!

Week 11 Twelve Weeks of Christmas:

19 comments:

  1. Oh, yummy, Avril! I love strawberry jam. Definitely a must try recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avril, You have been so creative (and busy) with this project/hop! These look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good, Avril! I love blondies! With jam they are even better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is my type of blondie. Yum. Can't wait to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a bit biased towards blondies (since I am one hehe) These looks delicious...I totally would've gone with the strawberry jam as well, its my favourite. Anddd peach and passion fruit:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love finding new recipes for blondies. Your strawberry ones look delightful and strawberry is one of my favorite flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Strawberry is one of my favourite flavours too, I just bought black tea with strawberry today! I love blondies, almost more than brownies, and this recipe looks fantastic. I can't believe you're almost at the end of your 12 weeks! Where does the time go!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds quick and easy, not to mention delicious too! i think i will stick with strawberry jam on these, just cause strawberry jam is my favE !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! I've never seen strawberry blondies before. These look yummy!

    I'm hosting a Christmas Recipe party on Thursday (with prizes). Hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I have some blueberry jam! It will be perfect. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of a strawberry flavored dessert this time of year! Sounds so great. PS ~ I featured your brie recipe on my blog today. It was a huge hit to my guests!!! Thanks so much. Have a great start to your week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look so awesome, Avril! And I'm sure they taste amazing too. I'm definitely going to try them too and find out for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These bars look amazing. I bet they were super delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am making these this week! My mom love raspberry and these will secure my spot as the favorite!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  15. These look delicious, but my favorite part about them is that they're pantry-friendly! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I'm so glad you made these. I love this blondie recipe. You can change it up in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh these had me at Hello!
    Thanks for sharing.

    Would love you to link it up to my premier Food Fight Link party!
    http://choochmagooz.blogspot.com/2010/12/food-fight-friday-vanilla-kipferl.html
    Happy Holidays
    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would definitely choose strawberry over raspberry any day. These look so buttery and delicious. I wonder if they'd be good for brunch? I might have to try them!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis