Image Map

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

An Eggnog Quickie





I (HEART) Eggnog!  - I love the taste and I especially LOVE what it represents...the holidays. Thanksgiving through New Year's the yumminess of eggnog can be easily found in the grocery stores.   I also (HEART) this wonderfully quick recipe I came upon a couple of days ago.....Quick Eggnog Bread.  Not only is this bread super easy to throw together but the flavors are wonderful!  I made a double batch of this recipe - which gave me 3 mini loaves and 1 BIG loaf - and then gave away almost all of it within just a few days as early Christmas presents.  Everyone gave me RAVE reviews on the bread.  That being said I have to share the recipe for all of you that love eggnog too (or know someone that enjoys it).


Quick Eggnog Bread
(recipe adapted and found on allrecipes)

Ingredients:


2 eggs

1 cup eggnog

2 tsp rum flavored extract (or REAL rum....which is what I used)


1 cup sugar

1 tsp REAL vanilla extract

1/2 cup butter,  softened

2 1/4 cups AP flour

2 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp salt

1/4 tsp ground nutmeg or cinnamon

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease bottom only of a 9x5 loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans.

2. Beat together sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy.  Then add eggs...


.... and vanilla and rum extract.  Then add in eggnog...


3. Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and spices.  Add to eggnog mixture and stir just until combined.  Pour into prepared pan/pans.

4. Bake bread 40-60 for large loaf and 35-40 minutes for mini loaves.  Loaf will be done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.  Cool bread for 10 minutes and then remove from pan.  Cool completely then wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.

Share and ENJOY!



Happy Quick Eggnog Bread Baking!



14 comments:

  1. I love eggnog, yes I do! :) You sending me some with my nuts?! lol, that sounded kinda weird. :)
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have NEVER heard of anyone making an eggnog bread. This is so intriguing! I bet the cinnamon and nutmeg would make it delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bread looks so moist! My husband loves eggnog:) I'll have to try this, Avril! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I had never heard of this and it sounds devine. My family loves eggnog so I can't wait to try it out!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds great, just right for the holidays! I see there is only 30 days to go, you must be getting excited, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This bread looks super moist, but I'm just wishing I liked eggnog! Ya know, I saw a pumpkin eggnog at the grocery store last week. Wonder how that would be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love eggnog. This sounds like a good recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yum, Avril! Looks so moist & delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love eggnog but have never seen it in a bread.Looks delicious! Hope you're taking it easy with that baby :)
    mickey

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love any recipe that gives me an excuse to buy more eggnog...and rum...this looks like a drunkards version of banana bread! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not gotten into egg nog in the past and I need to correct that this season! :) This bread sounds delish. Anxious to try this. Hope you are feeling well as you get ready for your new baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, can I have a slice? Pretty please.....

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just happen to have some in the fridge that needs using up. This sould so good and the texture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis