Image Map

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Raspberry Meyer Lemon Pancakes

Over this past weekend I was able to shop at one of my very favorite stores....Trader Joe's.  I was in heaven - yes, I was in absolute heaven there.  They have such good/reasonably priced food.  One of my "treasures that I found at TJ's (not to be confused with TJ Maxx) was a delightful little bag of Meyer Lemons.  I knew exactly what I would do with them after bringing them home - I would make Raspberry Meyer Lemon pancakes from a recipe that I discovered on Joy the Baker's blog. This recipe for pancakes is melt- in- your- mouth -DEEEELICIOUS!!!! And Joy's blog is just adorable!  Definitely go check her out.

Raspberry Meyer Lemon Pancakes

8-10 pancakes (enough for 3 people)



zest of 1 Meyer Lemon (if you don't have a Meyer lemon...use a regular one -it will be ok)

1 tbsp sugar

1 egg

1 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 cup buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk add just a little bit of vinegar or lemon juice to  the milk before it hits the 1 cup mark to make it = 1 cup)

2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightly

1 cup FRESH raspberries (or blueberries ) - in the past I have used frozen berries in this recipe....so if you don't have fresh, frozen are fine.

oil or butter for cooking

In a small bowl combine lemon zest and sugar.  Mix until pale yellow and fragrant.

In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk and melted butter.  Add flour, lemon/sugar mixture, baking powder and soda and salt.  Stir JUST until combined.  The batter may be a little lumpy (you want it this way).  Gently fold in berries. Again, do NOT over stir.

Heat a griddle or pan over medium heat.  Add a tsp of oil or butter and heat through.  Add 2 tbsp's of batter to the pan.  Heat until bubbles form and start to pop.  Carefully flip over and cook through.  Place cooked pancakes on an oven proof plate and let rest in 200 degrees F oven while you fry the rest of the pancakes.

Top with (heated) maple syrup.

ENJOY!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

ShareThis